A Virtual Stroll Around the Walls of Chester
The Vanished Pubs of Chester Gallery
The Durham Ox was located at no. 37 Tower Street, at the junction of Pitt Street and Wellington Street in Newton. Its landlord in 1850 was William Stubbs, in 1857 H Pinnington, in 1880 Samuel Williams, in 1902 Charles Shirley White, in 1910-14 Walter Griffiths, in 1942 Charles Henry Boulter. Its site now lies beneath the St. Oswald's Way section of the Inner Ring Road.
Chester's Vanished Pubs parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | gallery
Stroll | Old Pubs Gallery | Previous Picture | Next Picture