A Virtual Stroll Around the Walls of Chester
The Vanished Pubs of Chester Gallery
The former Glynne Arms (photographed by the author, February 2010)
The Glynne Arms: no.100 Brook Street, corner of Francis Street. Its landlord in 1857 was E Pilsworth, in 1880 George West, in 1902 John Clarke, in 1910 Frederick William Attewell, in 1914 James Lowe and in 1942 Harold E Miller.
If anyone can come up with any period pictures of The Glynne, contact Dave directly (and we'd like copies for this site too, please!)
In June 2013, a restaurant review in the local press drew our attention to the fact that the appearance of this Glynne Arms is very similar to that of its still-thriving exact namesake in Hawarden (illustrated right). Where they built by the same person or brewery?
Do you have any more information about this old pub?
Chester's Vanished Pubs parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | gallery
Site Front Door | Site Index | Chester Walls Stroll | Old Pubs Gallery | Previous Picture | Next Picture