A Virtual Stroll Around the Walls of Chester
The Vanished Pubs of Chester Gallery
The Plumbers Arms was at no. 39 Queen Street. The area is now built over by the Tesco, the former British Home Stores' rear entrances and Charlotte Court, as well as Union Walk. The photograph below shows it iin the early 1970s. The facade of the classical building, the former Independent Chapel of 1777, to its right still survives.
Chris Jeffery kindly sent this picture of the Plumber's just before its demolition in 1978.
Chester's Vanished Pubs parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | gallery
Stroll | Old Pubs Gallery | Previous Picture | Next Picture